Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Christians from Iraq

My heart was deeply touched when I saw Muslim neighbors help to reopen a church and pose for pictures to ask their Christian neighbors who have fled as refugees to return to their homes.

I'm not sure I've ever been more deeply touched by a photograph than that one. May Allah bless these good neighbors, protect them and their families, and give them health and prosperity.

I have urged Christians to save their lives and not be martyrs. As tempted as I am to ask them to return, the recent murder of Muslim children while playing has given me great pause.

I would not question Christians who try to make the journey home. I too am without my own house and understand their pain. I just still worry when I see even playing children blown to pieces by murdering terrorists.

May Allah bless all in these difficult times, especially the peace makers and protectors of the weak.