Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Warrior Passes: Dr. Jerry Falwell

I know how sad and stricken his family, friends, and those of his body of faith must feel, and I extend my deepest condolences and prayers for his soul, and for their comfort.

Over the years I've watched him and seen how great were his fear and love of the Lord. Much of what he said and did was from sincere concern for the salvation of others.

I've often wanted to bang my head against the wall at the tact he took, wishing that some of his war for God could have been conducted with more charity. Over the years I've seen spears boomerang.

However, everyone can learn from this man who loved God, by seeing what worked, and what did not, as he clung tight to the belief that he understood the full word of the Lord. He now knows what cannot be fully understood from the narrow perspective within the temple of the body and with a human's mind. And again, people need to be reminded, they never know the moment they will be called.

Again, my condolences to his family and prayers for his salvation.

"O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy servants and handmaids the remission of all their sins; that through pious supplications they may obtain that pardon which they have always desired: Who lives and reignest..."

Fidelium, Deus, omnium Conditor et Redemptor: animabus famuloreum, famularum que tuarum remissionem conctorum tribue peccatorum; ut indulgentiam, quam semper optaverunt, piis supplicationibus consequantur: Qui vivis et regnas in unitate ...

No comments: