Sunday, February 22, 2009

I think Philadelphia PA just might be cursed

It's been open season on cops for a while, with one killing after the other (and many are Catholic, by the way). Also, it is well known that Philadelphia is a horrendous crime and despair pit. However, it seems to get worse each year and I'm beginning to think that like Sodom it's just been kind of cursed, due to its own corruption, greed, drugs and prejudices. Here is why I wonder, as a new low seems to be found.

By the way, maybe if Hollywood profiled Philadelphia not so much for Rocky or for gay oppression in the movies, but more about reality, they would be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. They pat themselves on the back tonight with their "Oscar" awards as the country, who has consumed their violent decadence for years, descends into self made hell.

Notice this happened at the "Nicetown" section. I'd hate to see the "Meantown" section. Oh wait, I think I have, and it's nationwide.


Son sees pregnant mother shot 10 times
Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:09 AM

TIOGA-NICETOWN - February 22, 2009 (WPVI) -- Gunfire ripped through the night air in the Nicetown-Tioga section of Philadelphia Saturday night.
Police are investigating a fatal shooting in the 1700 block of West Hunting Park Avenue near Clarissa Street.
The homicide happened just before 9:00 p.m. in a parking lot of a fast food restaurant.
Police sources have identified the victim as 29-year-old Larosa Gonzales of the 3400 block of N. 19th Street in Philadelphia.

She was 5-months pregnant.
Gonzales was shot ten times and the shooting was witnessed by her 6-year-old son. She was taken to Temple University Hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police are now questioning her boyfriend, 30-year-old Willie Scott, as a person of interest. Scott was picked up a short time after the shooting in the Sunoco gas station at Broad and Hunting Park Avenue.
Scott has not been charged with the shooting.
There is no word on what prompted the violence.


No word on what prompted the violence, huh? She probably "dissed" him, or maybe was too fat for him while being preggers.

OH WAIT! There's "mor" news from the City of Brotherly Love.

Posted on Sun, Feb. 22, 2009
Fighting couple dead in city fire
By Anthony R. Wood
Inquirer Staff Writer

Kenida James heard loud kicking at the front door and a desperate voice calling through the mail slot: "My mom's in there! My mom's in there!"

She opened the door to find two young girls, with a 1-year-old boy in tow, who had just fled a horror scene: a burning house where two adults would be found dead. The girls were a niece and a daughter of the woman.

Outside, James said, she found a fourth child, a badly injured and bleeding 11-year-old girl on the North Philadelphia sidewalk.

Late yesterday, investigators still were trying to piece together precisely what had happened, and had not yet released the identity of the victims.

They did know that shortly after 10 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute in the 2300 block of North 13th Street at one of four attached low-rise public-housing units.

Inside, they found the bodies of a 30-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman.

It appeared that the man had stabbed his girlfriend, and then stabbed her 11-year-old daughter as she tried to intervene, Fire Capt. James Clark said. The girl was in critical condition at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Clark said.

The man then spread gasoline about the premises, set a fire, and in the process set himself ablaze, Clark said.

He speculated that the man initially had planned to "cover his tracks" and said it was unclear whether he had taken his own life intentionally.

Three children - including the 1-year-old, believed to be the victims' son - escaped. The boy was rescued by the slain woman's niece and daughter, who were also in the home, said James, who had been visiting her sister, Kimberly Sexton, in an adjoining unit.

Stunned neighbors along the tidy street of two-story, four-unit buildings owned by the Philadelphia Housing Authority said they had not detected signs of trouble at the fire-damaged unit.

"She was a good mother," Sexton said. "She was very nice." Dwayne Robinson, a neighbor on the other side, had no inkling of problems during the five years she had lived there, he said.
Asked if any other instances of domestic violence had been reported at the home, Clark said, "Not that I know of."

He said the man had visited the home occasionally. Yesterday, the silver Hyundai with a New Jersey license plate that he had driven was parked in front of the unit, cordoned off by police tape.

The 11-year-old was stabbed as she tried to go to her mother's aid, Clark said. It was unclear how she had gotten out of the house.

"She fought for her mother," James said. "She was lying there, going in and out of consciousness" and bleeding profusely from her side, she added.

Sexton provided a blanket to cover her, and James said that she had tried to get help from passing motorists but that "no one would stop." Eventually, the 11-year-old was transported to the hospital.

"I cried so hard," James said. "I don't know what I'm going to do tonight."