Sunday, March 2, 2008

Election advice

People often wonder who I vote for, when I do vote (I've relocated a lot so my record has been spotty as I'm driven from pillar to post the past 10 years or so). It does not matter who I vote for. I'm not saying that voting itself does not matter; it does matter very deeply and many patriots died for that right and privilege. I urge everyone to vote but consider this advice.

The country (or state or city) "deserves" whoever is elected. Even when elections are "stolen," the country or other government entity gets exactly who they deserve. So there is no wrong election, even when an immoral ignoramus is elected to office, because for whatever reasons, the electorate has sunk to the level that deserves that candidate to win. Often I would vote for the candidate I thought the country deserved to get, if you know what I mean.

Having said that, this is why this country MUST stop looking at the idiots in government to regain the morality that this country once had and has stamped on, polluted, and thrown away. Look at abortion as the key issue. I am totally against abortion, but I'm not proud of how pro life people have abandoned it as a government/legal/rights adjudicated issue. I have been saying from the first day after Roe v. Wade that abortion must be stopped at the grassroots level. Then it will not matter if it is "legal," if virtually no one goes for an abortion. Let them have their damned "right" to an abortion if that's the way the country votes and plays it. But if for the past thirty years those who are pro-life had economically and spiritually "adopted" mothers about to deliver and sponsor their babies we'd have a fraction of the aborts we have today. More money and treasure has been pissed away in this country on garbage, such as entertainment, usury interest rates and finance fees, consumerism, and "globalization" than would have been needed to pay pregnant women to not abort and to either raise their baby with support, give the baby to adopting parents, or to have quality orphanages with living in families who raise children in real group settings and love them as parents. If pro-life people had banded together thirty years ago we would have made abortion "rare and repugnant" because most girls and women would have chosen the alternatives I listed above for you. You will never end abortion if all you do is vote for pro life candidates and then give your money to trash causes and consumerism instead of helping out a couple that is in a pregnancy jam.