Thursday, March 6, 2008

More book talk

What I'm reading right now:

"Lead, Kindly Light: My Journey to Rome" by Thomas Howard, Ignatius Press. The story of his conversion to Catholicism.

"Black Orchids" by Rex Stout. A Nero Wolfe mystery. I really enjoy relaxing with one of the classic mystery series.

Recently purchased and "on deck" to read:

"Becoming Holyfield: A Fighter's Journey" by Evander Holyfield with Lee Gruenfeld. I remember cheering for Holyfield a good number of times when he was boxing.

"Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy. I resisted buying this book during the football season; didn't want it to influence my cheering for any particular team ;-)

"1000 Places to See Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz. Wow I hate the title and so would not even pick up the book for quite a while. Still, I like "armchair traveler" types of books and after leafing through it in Walmart decided to give it a go!

More Nero Wolfe mysteries.