Sunday, June 29, 2008

Third stalking example: creepy alien rapture

In the late 1980's through mid 1990's I worked in the advanced technology section of a major Wall Street bank. I had a group of mostly well adjusted and normal people working for me, though the occasional odd thing did happen that I noticed.

The most obvious is that one day one gave me a xeroxed "report" for me to look at. This was in the early 1990's and would have been around the time of the first World Trade Center bombing. I don't have any of my office diaries with me, but I think this happened before the bombing. Anyway, one of my employees gave me this "xeroxed report" "as a laugh." It was long and totally unreadable. It was some sort of insane "revelation" by someone or something with a Z in the name about "the Rapture" and "aliens." If you put insane chimpanzees on LSD for a year they could have come up with something better than this garbage. It was so awful that I could not even read it for the lulz.

I knew on the spot that it was no "coincidence" that an otherwise wholesome member of my staff would have such a crazy piece of crap as this fall into his hands. Remember, this was in the day before spamming in email where all sorts of stuff now flies around, both crazy and sane. This was a xeroxed pamphlet kind of thing, sounding a lot like the secret teachings of Scientology, except even dafter, if you can imagine that. So I knew that this was a deliberate effort to get a "reaction" from me. My reaction was, as I said, that it wasn't palatable to read even for a sick twisted giggle. So I didn't even pick it apart to critique it because it was just totally unreadable to anyone who was sane, honestly. Buddhism I could pick apart and critique, for example. But aliens and the rapture with totally hysterical (as in manic depressive) "concepts" that make atheists look like they have their heads screwed on straight? I just handed it back with an *eyeroll*.

I guess the stalkers thought I was particularly stupid to not appreciate the brilliance of "the secrets" being handed right to me. Oh my God, will this human race survive? It has such a death wish.