Monday, August 25, 2008

Tropical depression Fay being nice in Mississippi

It's been raining for almost twenty four hours, but it's really been great. No thunder and lightning drama, no furious wind, no tornadoes (at least in my area) and while drenching it's not torrential, and there are pauses between bands of rain.

This is the kind of weather I really enjoy. When it rains, especially if the area has gotten somewhat dry because of drought, a soaking rain is like music. It's great "sleeping weather" too.

When I had my house I used to keep one window open even during the rain. Here the humidity is awful and I'm not crazy, so I have the windows closed and air conditioner on, so I can't really hear and feel the rain the way I used to, but it's still great listening to its patter patter on the air conditioner units outside the window. Sometimes the patter patter gets loud as it's kind of wind whipped, but like I said, no drama, no tornado angst, so all's good with the rain here.

"To a drought, a soaking rain is like music for the earth."