Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Very sad to read about this accidental death

I try to read a section of the many daily obituaries and news about events that result in deaths. I don't try to keep up with them all, who can but God, however I like to follow my impulses to read who has passed and as a result, I can appreciate someone even if I had not met them.

And so I was tremendously moved to read this article about a motorcycle accident, and the death of a lady who was a rescuer in New York City, a recoverer of bodies, after 9/11/2001. But it was not just that service that impressed me, but reading the totality of the life she led, well, she just sounded like a fine lady. My condolences to her friends, family and fellow service people.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/27525394.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aU2EkP7K_t:aDyaEP:kD:aUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Reservist, back from a mission, dies in motorcycle crash

A nurse and a sergeant in the Air Force Reserve, Nancy Winter won a commendation for her work helping to recover bodies after Sept. 11 at the World Trade Center.

snip

She had transferred to the Wyoming unit last year to help an aunt with medical problems, her father said.

Last week, she returned with others in the 153rd MDG from a humanitarian mission in Guatemala, Forster said.