Thursday, July 24, 2008

I have written a new prayer based on scripture

A Prayer for Youth seeking Wisdom


Dear Lord God.
We have had our fill of the ways of mischief and of ruin. We journeyed through impassable deserts, but the way of the Lord we knew not. The hope of the wicked is like smoke in the wind. But the just live forever, and in the Lord is their recompense, and the thought of them is with the Most High. Help me, O Lord, to become a wise one, to become a prudent king. I pray for prudence to be given to me; I plead for the spirit of Wisdom to come to me. May God grant that I speak suitably, and value only those endowments of true worthiness. Help me to love the holy, to be kindly, to love firmness of virtue and the unstained, and to receive the pure effusion of the glory of the Almighty. Help me to always recall the power of God and the image of his all powerful goodness. God of my fathers, Lord of mercy, you who have made all things by your word, allow me to be an attendant to you and your will throughout my life on earth and in the eternity to come, in the name and greater glory of Jesus. Amen.



***
Written July 24, 2008 with words and phrases taken from the Bible's Book of Wisdom. While for everyone it is written most lovingly with the youth of the world in mind.