Saturday, July 26, 2008

A fourth prayer I have written

Dear God.
You are our refuge and our strength, even though the earth be shaken and our worldly possessions burn. My faith is my palace and my prayers are its gold and silver. I know that You will help me at the break of dawn, and through all the hours of every day. When I hold Your words and precepts close in my heart, I can call myself a true attendant to the Prince of Peace. My ear is intent on a parable; my music is only of praise and joy. Through the tears of personal sorrow and loss, my soul can still smile in the presence of You. Grant me the strength to always follow the path of redemption to You, in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.


***
Written today July 27, 2008. My words with special phrases from King David. I have in mind those who are suffering a material loss, or are fearful of the events of the world, and with this prayer they can remember and organize their internal sense of perspective and ongoing faith in God. It also reminds where one's true treasure is, and also that redemption is a continuing walk. Again, I think most especially of the young people as they grapple with understanding the challenges of their material and spiritual heritage as the world is today.