Friday, August 1, 2008

Another big pop song dragged out for eclipse

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/YOU


You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife from a close friend, and...

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You? Don't you?

***
I liked Carly Simon back when this song was a hit, and admired the pathos of much of her content. But I admit, I really grew to dislike this song when I found out "new age" cultists are so into eclipses for occult reasons and actually use eclipse dates to ruin people's lives. So that ruined not only this song for me, but also the eclipse part of astronomy too. Not astrology, astronomy. I'm not even interested in the science or aesthetics of the eclipses anymore because cultists have made total dog poop (that's pop with an extra "O") out of one of God's beautiful natural creations.