Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Look at the great CatholicCompany catalog

I just got in the regular mail my paper copy of the Catholic Company catalog. I looked through every page and love each item, but there is one in particular that is great!

Page 13 "Holy Family in Carpenter Shop"

A statue of Joseph and Mary watching the child Jesus, who is practicing carpentry work under Joseph's guidance. That is a popular topic of holy cards and other art, but I must say this statue is totally lovely and so well done.

(Non Catholics, this is not a devotional piece! It's a pretty statue that also conveys visually part of the story of Jesus' life :-)

This would be great for a family to have, especially with children, to discuss and enjoy. Check it out at their web site (I presume it's there):

http://www.catholiccompany.com/