Monday, August 27, 2007

Downsized Homosexuals Out of My Prayers

Downsizing My Prayer Intentions: Homosexuality

I have a pretty important internal prayer life in that those I pray for tend to get some pretty good results. I've prayed for many people, individuals and groups, and I tend to specialize in praying for people who have no one else to pray for them, to love them, or who feel blocked in reaching out to God on their own.

I've spent years - decades really, going back to the late in 1970's when my ex and I had a gay roommate - caring very deeply for people who happen to be homosexual. This is how I think of them: they are people, real people, who happen to be homosexual. I was there when this was a great burden to them, and loved them, cared for them. Over the years I have been there for homosexual friends, as they were sometimes there for me. But things have changed.

Many homosexuals are no longer people who happen to be homosexual. They are active forces for the homosexualization of society. They are no longer individuals trying to lead a worthy life, but they have been taken over by their "cause," to the detriment of themselves and others. Instead of carrying their own cross of their own relationships, they have traded their individuality and their one on one relationships to be the new Communists. Everyone has to belong to the party or they are purged.

So I think much of the individual flourishing of people I loved who happened to be homosexual was because I included them in my prayer intentions. But now that they have traded their individuality and monogamous secular relationships for a totalitarian attack on the foundations of life that the rest of the world depends on, I can no longer pray for them, as a group or individually. For example, I counseled someone I thought was a friend, for years, about homosexuality, and he left without thanks, and without words, and I was encouraging him in his relationship no less. It has become the new Communism of lifestyle, with the same betrayers and informers as the USSR at its worse. So I'm sorry to say, the individuals I know, and the group as a whole, has been struck from my prayer intentions. This is the only time I've ever struck people from my prayer intentions.