Saturday, August 25, 2007

A new favorite perfume Guerlain Insolence

I just bought the Shimmering Body Milk and Eau de Toilette and am totally bowled over by this fragrance. I've worn Guerlain L'Heure Bleu for many years, and Shalimar for a couple of years, and this fragrance stands on its own among them. When I sampled it in the store tonight my first thought of its structure is that it is like a kiss. Later I read the reviews and see that it has some sort of spiral structure; well, that is what I feel, like the consistency of a good wonderful old fashioned kiss on the lips. The fragrance itself is wonderful, and I am very partial to violets, red fruits, and iris. The bottle is great. Whether it is intentional or not it reminds me of a European multi-tier fountain. Created by Maurice Roucel; the first time I've bought one of his fragrances that I know of... wonderful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shalimar was my late wife's favorite and for B Day's Christmas, I usually bought her a tiny bottle of the precious stuff. After she died, I would go into her closet just to catch the scent once more.
To this day the smell of it brings it all back, and she is gone 13.5 years.

Virginia Janet said...

You have nice choice!! FragranceNet offers wide range of designer perfumes at reasonable price...