Monday, August 20, 2007

Pope Benedict XVI speaks for the rock of the Church

Consolation for families of those who died in Peru:

Matthew 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Pope Benedict XVI, the heir of Peter I:
"For the numerous dead, I invoke the peace of the Lord; for the injured, a speedy recovery; and I assure those living in extreme conditions that the church is with you with all its spiritual and material solidarity," the pope said on August 19.

By invoking the peace of the Lord for the numerous dead, the families of the dead can rest assured that whatever sins they may have carried as they died, they have been absolved and they achieved heaven.