Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Favorite sayings of mine by Fatima

http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/infallible3.asp

Imam Hassan (AS) said, on the Friday night I saw my mother [Fatima (s.a.)] standing in her arch of prayer. She was continuously kneeling and performing prostration till the dawn broke. I would hear her pray for the faithful men and women, but she did not at all pray for herself. I said, 'Oh mother why did you not pray for yourself like you prayed for others?' so she replied, 'Oh my son, first the neighbor and there after your own house.'

One day a lady came to Fatima (SA) said 'I have a weak old mother who does not know a few problems about her service (prayers). She has sent me towards you to question you (about them). Thus Fatima answered her (questions). And the number of her queries reached to ten and Fatima (SA) replied to all her questions. Then she (the woman) got ashamed because of the high number of her questions. And said, 'Oh daughter of the Prophet (SAW), I do not put you to more inconvenience than this.' Fatima (SA) said, 'Ask me what you do not know. Have you ever seen a person who is one day hired to carry a heavy thing to the roof top from ground for an amount (equal to) a thousand dinnars [nearly a hundred thousand Miskal (unit of weight) of gold] and he may feel himself tired.' She said 'No'. Fatima (SA) said, 'I have been hired by Allah to get a wages which if the space between the earth and sky is filled up with pearls still (That wages) would be more than it for each of the questions I may answer you. Therefore, I deserve it that I must not feel tired exhausted.'


***
The link takes you to a lovely page about Muhammed's youngest daughter, Fatima. I've copied here two of my favorite sayings/stories about her.

I have never understood why anyone would say anything negative about her, and when I have heard of such, it hurts me very deeply and angers me. She lived an exemplary life, even allowing herself to be married into a poverty situation by making a choice based on love among the many richer hands she could have had. Her devotion to one God was flawless. She had all of the qualities that certain "modern women" claim to have, but do not, in truth, because Fatima was virtuous and pious, in addition to being learned and independent.