Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I don't meet very many new people

For years, especially since pushed out of my career (source of paycheck) and my home, I've not had a chance to meet interesting quality people and make new friends.

I've met a few people who are OK, but it is always in a customer-seller type relationship.

And of course I've known for years that anyone who talks to me is working off of a script. I imagine I'd have to go to Darfur to meet someone who is not pseudo-Hollywood. No one there is pretending to suffer in order to scam me. Actually there are two types of scripts, in general. One is to pretend to be in trouble, afflicted, or suffering to see what I will give them. The other is to rub my face into their prosperity, and they "season" it with referencing past relationships of mine and so forth, to try to probe for unhappiness or shame.

I've always had trouble with remembering names, not because I am inattentive, but because I tend to be relating to the person's soul and personality and what they are saying/thinking, and so I tend not to absorb meaningless labels like names.

Course nowadays, since I have trouble remembering names, I tend to think of each person I meet as "Probably Going to Hell." That's what I'm thinking as they recite the lines of their script. Honestly, that is the name I've given to most people, that I'm thinking as I speak to them.