Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thinking about an old time song

All of us, kids and adults, knew this song in the 1950's and would sing it.

For those of you who don't know, clover is normally three leaf but once in a while one has four leaves.
Here is a great picture of one:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Four-leaf_clover.jpg

One summer my mother sat on the ground in our back yard and searched through all the clover, one by one, to find four leaf clovers to press in a book and preserve for us kids. She found like four of them in all her searching!


I'M LOOKING OVER A FOUR-LEAF CLOVER
Art Mooney
Words by Mort Dixon, music by Harry Woods

Written in 1927 - popularized in 1948 by Art Mooney


I'm looking over a four-leaf clover

That I overlooked before.

One leaf is sunshine, the second is rain,

Third is the roses that grow in the lane.

No need explaining, the one remaining

Is somebody I adore.

I'm looking over a four-leaf clover

That I overlooked before