Saturday, November 22, 2008

Congratulations to Rep. Henry Waxman

As I've mentioned I'm an old time conservationist, with my degree in Environmental Sciences from an Ivy League university, and Rep. Henry Waxman has been on my radar for many years, for his wholehearted and reliable interest in and support of legitimate environmental causes. So I was pleased to hear and congratulate on his winning the chairmanship of House Energy and Commerce Committee. I'd send him an email through his site, but alas, I do not live in his district! So my more public congratulations will have to do. Those on the right who shudder should have a little more faith. Rep. Waxman, despite being called on at least one web site, amusingly, a "Young Turk" is, more like me, one who has been concerned about the environment before the fads of "greens" and "carbon credits," based on many mature years of very diligent thought and concern about how to address problems with our environment. I hope that he can combine his maturity of experience with badly needed new fresh momentum for genuine progress in energy and environmental matters at this critical juncture in time. Again, congratulations.