Friday, November 7, 2008

I give President Elect Obama an A+ press conference

I think he did great. I listened to it on the radio, since I don't have a TV, so I can't comment on his suit and necktie, as I would like to (I have a great fashion interest in the neckties that men wear, and have enjoyed shopping for them for my ex's).

In my opinion President Elect Obama was thoughtful, deliberate and constrained in his statements, as well he should be since the press always pushes politicians to go farther than appropriate. Conservatives seem to expect that he make statements that one would make after a coup d'etat, LOL, rather than after his first briefing during the transition while there is obviously a still sitting and active President and Congress. If one listened carefully he did make a few interesting points of substance, just the right amount.

And he was droll! Readers know that I admire humor that is droll, and that requires a deft touch. So on both substance and humor I give him an A+.