Thursday, November 27, 2008

Continued thanks to Syria for Iraqi refuge

I continue to be very grateful that Syria has helped the best that it can the many Christian refugees who had to flee Iraq and who are now in Syria. I also thank the UN for their help and attention, even as I'm disappointed the rest of the world, including the US, has been insensitive to the plight and sadness of Iraqi Christians.

I hope that they find homes where they feel safe, and perhaps many of them will stay in Syria. Just as the wave of immigrants refreshed and built the American economy a hundred years ago, I hope that educational institutions and entrepreneurs will invest in Syria with a mind toward expanding job opportunities for Syrians and the immigrant Iraqis alike.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0805970.htm