Friday, November 28, 2008

Words of comfort to our friends at Chabad

Regular readers of my blog know that I have a link to Chabad, who has suffered a terrible loss in Mumbai. Here are my words of comfort, and I hope they help.

Job 4:1-4

If someone attempts a word with you, will you mind?
For how can anyone refrain from speaking?
Behold, you have instructed many,
and have made firm their feeble hands.
Your words have upheld the stumbler;
you have strengthened his faltering knees.


Psalm 50:1-6

The Lord, the God of gods,
has spoken and summoned the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
From Zion God shines forth,
perfect in beauty.
Our God comes and will not be silent!
Devouring fire precedes,
storming fiercely round about.
God summons the heavens above
and the earth to the judgment of his people;

"Gather my faithful ones before me,
those who made a covenant with me by sacrifice."

The heavens proclaim divine justice,
for God alone is the judge. Selah.