Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eclipse is pretty from my view in Mississippi

I actually forgot about it so around dinner time I decided to jump in the car to do some "retail therapy" (shopping). I'm trying to organize my tiny apartment so I don't feel like I'm living in a storage unit so I bopped over to Lowe's for some plastic storage containers, and got 4 at a great price. Then I went to Walmarts because I've been doing without all my cooking gear these past 18 months (all in storage over a thousand miles from here) so I bought some pretty kitchenware. (By the way you can balance buying made in China by also finding some great made in USA dinnerware, like Corelle, a long time favorite of mine. I picked up 8 of their bamboo design plates). I've been a long time fan of Corning and their fine art division Steuben Glass. Corelle is an innovative GLASS product (I remember when it first came out in 1970) and regular readers know that I'm a big advocate of glass as a chemical and metal free substance to use for beverages and dinnerware.

http://www.corelle.com/index.asp

It's only when I pulled back into my apartment parking lot (such as it is) that I remembered the eclipse since I had a clear view of it already underway. There are some clouds which gives it a nice misty look, but it's still easily visible. Since we don't have winter down here it's comfortable to stand outside and watch, which I've been doing the past 30 minutes or so. Got a little chilled though so I came back inside to have a warm piece of toast. Think I'll take another look and see how it's doing "up there."

(It was entirely clouded over so I ended up gabbing with neighbors who just returned from some good Mexican dining!)