Sunday, February 24, 2008

Whoa... A Blood red full moon

As I stepped out of the laundry room I glanced toward the bay as I usually do and the "just past full" moon over the horizon is an incredible deep red color. I called over two neighbors to look because it is quite a sight to see. It's hanging over the horizon right over the Pascagoula shipyards and that is what caught my attention because out of the corner of my eye it looked like some burning smoke over there. It's like this red and Burgundy wine combination so like one of the neighbors commented, he said "Blood red moon."

Here's a funny coincidence. I ran over to Walmarts earlier today because I wanted just the right color of red paint for a wooden storage box. That's NOT the shade I wanted ha ha. I used to have a wonderful couple of modest pieces of Chinese lacquerware called cinnabar and I want to paint this wooden box that color red, so I spent some time examining reds at Walmarts and being unsure came back with three to try out. If you look at a web picture of the old antique shade of cinnabar you'll see what I mean, it's hard to describe as a red, kind of like Coca Cola red, it's a unique shade of red. Hmm.