Monday, June 11, 2007

Bible selections for "216" obsessives

You know who you are!
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it, just enjoy an interesting selection of passages and celebrate that you don't have OCD.


Jeremia 2:16 Yes, the people of Memphis and Tahpanhes shave the crown of your head.
("shave the crown of your head" means to thoroughly defeat and ruin a land and its people.)

Philippians 2:16 Holding fast the word of life to my glory against the day of Christ; because not in vain have I run, neither in vain have I labored.

Hebrews 2:16 for, of course, it is not angels that he is succoring, but he is succoring the offspring of Abraham.

1 Peter 2:16 Live as freemen, yet not using your freedom as a cloak for malice but as servants of God.

Ecclesiastes 2:16 Neither of the wise man nor of the fool will there be an abiding remembrance, for in days to come both will have been forgotten. How is it that the wise man dies as well as the fool?

Canticles 2:16 My lover belongs to me and I to him; he browses among the lilies.

Sirach 2:16 Those who fear the Lord seek to please him, those who love him are filled with his law.

Esdras 2:16 the children of Ather, who were of Ezechias, ninety-eight.

No comments: