Saturday, June 9, 2007

CD: Good Charlotte, "Good Morning Revival"

CD: Good Charlotte, "Good Morning Revival," 2007 Epic Records.

1. Good Morning Revival
2. Misery
3. The River
4. Dance Floor Anthem
5. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
6. Victims of Love
7. Where Would We Be Now
8. Break Apart Her Heart
9. All Black
10. Beautiful Place
11. Something Else
12. Broken Hearts Parade
13. March On


This is not a gospel CD, but I'm a longtime fan of rock, including of good quality alternative, so I eagerly bought the new Good Charlotte CD. It is a fantastic CD, just fantastic. I'm not one to read reviews, so I don't know which singles have been released and how well thus far the CD is being reviewed. Whatever people say, and I'll bet they are getting great reviews, buy this CD.

With most CD compilations, people inevitably find one, two, or if lucky, three great songs, but this one is a total keeper. It is crafted and played like a gem. I'm not going to do a song by song recap because I feel so strongly that this is going to be one of my favorite CD's to listen to straight through each time. I do want to pay special kudos to one song, though, "All Black." It is "the song you can't get out of your mind" because of its terrific hook, but more than that, it's really a tight song. It is a song that appeals to the all black wearing slightly goth person, but totally without the negativity that accompanies 99% of the goth despair garbage that has been out there in the past decade and more. I would have loved this song as a teenager (though I wore all blue, ha) and I love it now. I think all of the songs are equally great, and like I said, I look forward to listening to it again and again. But I wanted to point out my pure joy that a slightly disaffected black wearing likes the night and funerals song can be written that is also catchy, uplifting, a bit romantic, and worthy of listening to (and can be related to without danger!) You can have your black bible in one hand and still comfortably listen to this song, and the whole excellent CD.

Alt-Rock on Good Charlotte!

No comments: