Friday, June 15, 2007

Learn the freaking Latin already

Jesus Christ did not have painkillers.



You can't be inconvenienced to learn a language - Latin - to provide the traditional mass for parishoners who hunger for it?



I've never stopped carrying my 1962 Missal to Mass and following along with it in the Latin.



Gosh, I'm sick of hearing whining on such an easily resolved matter. You have language CD's. You have brains and hopefully you have faith and dedication. I'm sure that many starving jobless Latin instructors will surface to help. Goodness, enough with the b****ing in advance of Pope Benedict's moto proprio.

2 comments:

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Yay! Preach it sister!
I've decided my children have missed out and I am putting together some basic Latin and English prayers from the Mass for them to get to know them.
Whatever happens with the MP Latin is a beautiful language and it wouldn't hurt for more of us to have more time with it.
God bless

MMajor Fan said...

Ha Ha! Thank you! Sometimes I get on a good rant, though it takes me a very long time to come to a watery boil! Usually it takes about 3-5 whiners in a row before I flip out.

I'm so glad that you and the children are working on the Latin. Latin is truly (Roman history aside) the language of angels. And far from being "elite" it's the great equalizer within a faith. People from any land or background can communicate with each other in their faith through Latin. When I was a kid, parents spoke in "pig latin" to keep their little kids from understanding them when necessary :-) That's just an aside.

I just can't believe that religious and learned people would whine at the opportunity to learn such a beautiful language grounded in grace, and share it with their parishoners. Maybe some bread and water in a cell of contemplation would free up their minds and time for learning Latin. Hmmmm.....