Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bible Reading: Kings, about priorities

2 Kings 7:4-9

But it came to pass that night that the word of the Lord came to Nathan saying: Go, and say to my servant David: Thus saith the Lord: Shalt thou build me a house to dwell in? Whereas I have not dwelt in a house from the day that I brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt even to this day, but have walked in a tabernacle, and in a tent. In all the places that I have gone through, with all the children of Israel, did I ever speak a word to anyone of the tribes of Israel whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying: Why have you not built me a house of cedar? And now thus shalt thou speak to my servant David: Thus saith the Lord of hosts: I took thee out of the pastures from following the sheep to be ruler over my people Israel. And I have been with thee wheresoever thou hast walked, and have slain all thy enemies from before thy face; and I have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great ones that are on the earth.