Thursday, September 27, 2007

Naked Picture Freaks

When I worked for what was considered at the time to be a very prestigious “white shoe” bank, JP Morgan, back in the 1980’s, there was an odd expression used by people throughout the department that I worked in. Whenever they spoke of someone who is protected in their job, or who gets away with stuff, they would wink and say, “They must have dirty pictures.” I always thought there was more to it than just an expression, because whenever there is a clique or cultish type of expression, it usually indicates some sort of strange secret information or mindset.

One day at home the UPS driver made a big thing about chatting me up for some conversation. I can tell when people are doing that (deliberately steering conversation) though I always play dumb. He told me that a driver he knew came up a driveway and the buzzer didn’t work so the lady who lived in the house didn’t know that a vehicle was approaching, and thus had curtains open while she was naked. The driver was making a big point of telling me that story. Now my house was on an acre of wooded property, with a hill in the back, so there is no way anyone could see into my house unless they were hidden on my property or had installed a camera. Trust me, I got the giggling hint. I’ve known for years that I’ve been stalked and photographed when I’ve been intimate, both alone and with my loved ones.

How has having those photographs of me enhanced anyone’s life? Has it not actually been a chain to perdition? I’m not ashamed. Jesus was naked and had his skin ripped off in public view. Little children were put in the Roman coliseum to be torn apart for the amusement of thousands. Everyone is naked on the Internet. What is the point? When people try to shame others by photographing them in their intimate moments in secret, all they are doing is dooming them selves to hell on earth, and eventually for eternity. People cannot say they were photographing me to prove I am a moral hypocrite because at the time I was not in public or private ministry, and I was making no special claims regarding my being. It is like the difference between trying for the “money shot” with a celebrity, and trying to get a photo of your mother or your child naked. If I was not claiming to be anyone sanctified, then why did people think photographing me in intimate moments was some sort of moral victory, or something to be desired? (As people have repeatedly pointed out to me, I’m far from beautiful.) Why is letting someone know that you have secretly photographed them being intimate with a man in their normal lives, and just dropping the hints about it over and over and over again something of benefit? God certainly won’t reward you. God knows all anyway; he does not need the sure shots of photography. I don’t care what pictures anyone has of me and who has seen them except that I mourn the depravity and desperation of overturned mind that thinks that such an act is ever “necessary” or justified. And you wonder now why even your tiniest children are unsafe from sexual and photographic assault.