Monday, September 24, 2007

Sports talk: football fav team the Packers

I can’t keep talking and thinking about the depravity in the world, so here’s a sports respite.

While baseball is my favorite sport I’m a realist (the season's winding down, just me and my radio). And so I have restored my interest in football. I have for a long time also enjoyed football (my brother was high school team quarterback), including my high school team during those years, college, and also pro football. My favorite pro team is the Green Bay Packers. They’ve been my favorite since during the Vince Lombardi times. I do remember them from that time very clearly (and am sometimes still frozen in those times as far as thinking automatically of Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr when I hear the Packers mentioned!) So while I’ve lived in areas of the country near different football team powerhouses, I’ve really only kept fond thoughts and fandom for the Green Bay Packers.