Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today's eletter from Friars about Mary

http://www.franciscanfriars.com/fr.%20glenn%20letters/frglenn1051.htm

September 19, 2007

A Prayer to Jesus in Thanksgiving for Mary
Lord Jesus, I thank You for Mary. You gave her to me to be my mother after she had walked with You to Your death and witnessed You being betrayed, mocked, spit upon, and scourged by the very people You had come to save. After you had appeared “defeated,” she stood by Your side, while tears, like rain, poured down her face, and the memories of Your life together screamed out at her from her heart.
She is Your special gift to me, more precious than anything this world has to offer. She reminds me, like only a mother could, of the necessity of walking by faith, and that I am not alone on this journey to the Father. Yet she teaches in silence, without words and complicated answers, like a rose that buds forth in spring, leaving those gathered around it in awe...
snip
Br. Jeremiah Myriam Shryock, CFR
St. Leopold Friary, Yonkers, NY
***
Do follow the link and read the whole thing. This is so beautifully written and I also think will be an assistance to those who confuse worship of Mary (which Catholics do not do) with deep love and veneration of her.