Monday, December 1, 2008

7 gifts of the Holy Spirit: (4a) Bible citations

Here are selected Bible passages related to the gift of “Fortitude,” through the symbolism of fortress, tower and other indications of protection.

Jeremiah 6:27
I have set thee for a tower and a fortress among my people, that thou mayest know and try their way.


1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.


Psalm 37:24
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.


Psalm 31:3
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying Yeah, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee. Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built.