Friday, April 4, 2008

Current listening: Kenny Rogers 21 Number Ones

Starts with a long time favorite of mine "The Gambler." Good stuff; highly recommended CD compilation of great hits, classic listening.

Funny story, though it's not so funny in context. I have worked for some of the most horrible creeps you can imagine, and have been mightily tortured by them for no reason at all. Once, though, I got to work with one of the creep's boss (so my boss' boss, in other words) and he was lovely. We were working on a really difficult political problem one day and just out of the blue he started singing, "You got to know when to hold them" and, without missing a beat, I sang back, "Know when to fold them." LOL! I still smile thinking about that moment, much over fifteen years ago. So "Good night Mr. RM, wherever you are...!"