Monday, April 21, 2008

Quick story about my Catholic marriage

Those of you who enjoy schadenfreund (you are inspired by a malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others) will enjoy this story. While still in university in the mid-1970's I married in haste a man who was Protestant by birth but totally non-observant. When I say I married him in haste I mean that I did so for reasons other than love (my life was actually in danger at the time from the cultists I've spoken of who have stalked me). I basically married a body guard.

Here's the part of the story I want to share in this particular post. Being Catholic we married in the university chapel, even going to the pre-marital counseling with the priest. The counseling was unbelievably weak, and in fact, consisted only of being asked a few times if we were "sure" we wanted to marry, LOL. Well, shortly after we married we learned that the priest was discovered to be living with a nun and they had a baby together.

So don't think that the priest (or any man or woman in any faith) sexual abuse problem was a surprise to me. Only a drunk or drugged idiot could not see that everyone was being dragged down the drain together, pious or not.