Monday, May 26, 2008

Continue to be so pleased with China officials

I continue to be so impressed and pleased with the collective and individual responses and participation of the Chinese government officials. They are reacting with leadership, sincerity and warm heartedness to the earthquake victims and community during the disaster and recovery, and are thus showing much honor.

Here is an up to date example of what I am speaking about, the visit, with pictures, of China's top legislator Wu Bangguo:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/26/content_8257780.htm

I am also so very pleased that the government has moved swiftly to announce relaxing of the one child rule for those parents who have suffered the loss or injury of their child. They have shown much compassion at quickly making this announcement to ease the pain as best they could of loving parents who are suffering so very much.

As I read of the brave men who are each one marching with over twenty pounds of explosive to try to break dangerous quake lake debris jams and clogs I continue to marvel at the courage and strength all of the rescuers demonstrate with hardly any rest.

I know that everyone is going through a terrible time, especially with continuing aftershocks. The area is very unstable and will continue so for a while. I know that the government and volunteers will do all that they can to soothe those who have survived such terrible trauma and are physically and emotionally scarred. I have always had a very warm place in my heart for the Chinese people and I continue to pray for your safety and recovery, and for continuing wisdom by officials as they make crucial decisions for the next few years of recovery and rebuilding.