Monday, May 26, 2008

Smokers next door

I live in an apartment and have "new neighbors" who constantly smoke cigarettes and cigars, the smoke of which sometimes fills up my apartment for hours on end. It's part of their bad neighbor policy to do this, so what can I say.

It has made me nostalgic for when my ex-husband used to smoke too much cigarettes, and when it would bother me he would switch to a pipe smoking Prince Albert tobacco. That had a really nice aroma. He was the one who told me the classic joke about "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" I think of him when I see that product on store shelves. Pipe smoke just is not as deliberately aggressive and acrid as is cigarette and cigar smoke. So obviously that also gives some insight into pipe smokers having better character than cigarette and cigar smokers. Probably less pipe smoking mass murderers and perverts than those who smoke cigarettes and cigars, I reckon.