Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My very sweet dog died six years ago today

She had had a very neglected puppy hood before I was able to adopt her. I adored her and she was a great companion to my elderly dog. She died of a mysterious illness related to her pancreas. It was odd because a "psychic" acquaintance of mine "predicted" something "might happen with her" on that day. She was being boarded while I was out of state at the campus of my graduate school. I got home in time for her to die in my arms when I went to pick her up from the veterinarian kennel. She was a puppy angel who only brought goodness, laughs (she was very funny in appearance) and smiles to everyone, and I cannot imagine why anyone would have harmed or neglected her.

It has become a sad and heavy burdened world, has it not? I wonder why people do not realize how far God's patience has already extended.