Sunday, July 29, 2007

Prayers for the victims of NYC steam blast

Prayers for the victims of the huge steam blast in New York City of several weeks ago. Here is an article about the most severely injured survivor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/nyregion/30steam.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1185771907-ajASKDivqGLNSLcbFMdkrA

I have a lot of sympathy for him, as I do for everyone in pain, and pray that he will recover. This event has made me think about one of my close calls. Around ten years ago, when working in an office on Pine Street in NYC I was sitting at my desk in my office when a huge pipe in the wall less than two feet away from me exploded. I was saved from injury because the wall was solid marble. It tore through the wall but like a shield none of the water and whatever hit me as I ran out of there. In my case the substance was more like sewage water, but the force of the explosion was huge and that marble sure saved my noggin.