Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What I'm Working on Today

I love making dioramas, which are three dimensional models of scenes. I actually decorate my living spaces with them. Often they are Japanese. For example, I'll fill a plastic tray with sand and then create a rock garden, buildings, and people, a pond, some koi, lanterns. That was more when I lived in an urban space where I enjoyed Japanese motifs. Here in the south, right on a bayou, I gotta be thinking of dinosaurs. So I've been gradually transforming my living room/studio into a Triassic Period diorama. I use those Yoplait Light or Whips yogurt containers as volcanoes. Plastic and paper models of dinosaurs stalk around them, and I do kind of a Jurassic, or much earlier actually, Carboniferous Period style of ikebana (flower arranging.) True, having the air conditioner on makes the atmosphere more bearable, but that's my personal form of climate control ha ha.

No comments: