Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bible Reading

Deuteronomy 31:24-29

When Moses had finished writing out on a scroll the words of the law in their entirety, he gave the Levites who carry the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord this order: "Take this scroll of the law and put it beside the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord, your God, that there it may be a witness against you. for I already know how rebellious and stiff-necked you will be. Why, even now, while I am alive among you, you have been rebels against the Lord! How much more, then, after I am dead! Therefore, assemble all your tribal elders and your officials before me, that I may speak these words for them to hear, and so may call heaven and earth to witness against them. For I know that after my death you are sure to become corrupt and to turn aside from the way along which I directed you, so that evil will befall you in some future age because you have done evil in the Lord's sight, and provoked him by your deeds."

No comments: