Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Baseball Talk: Stan the Man Musial

While listening to baseball tonight I'm leafing through some of my books and reminiscing. Every once in a while I blog about one of my all time favorite players and tonight I'm thinking about "Stan the Man," who played all of his 22 years with St. Louis Cardinals. Like a lot of the ball players during WWII he served during the war, and was in the Navy 1945-6.

I'm a huge fan of his accomplishments, of course, but also really gravitate toward liking consistent players. And I've consistently liked him, from when I was wearing baby booties to now!!

24 All-Star Games... Three MVP Awards... 475 Homers... 331 Batting Average... 3,630 Hits... 1,949 Runs Scored... Three World Series Rings... 1,951 RBIs... 3,026 Games... Seven Batting Titles... A Plaque in Cooperstown... from www.stan-the-man.com