Sunday, July 15, 2007

Peaceful use of owls in Jordan and Israel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070715/ap_on_re_mi_ea/owls_for_peace;_ylt=Amu2XCSECb26lKOWMBnWnx_9xg8F

A great environmental and peace initiative story about Israel and Jordan, working together, albeit with the usual frustrations, to control rats through use of barn owls.

If you never seen a barn owl you've missed a thing of beauty. It has a pure white heart shaped face and is amazing in its appearance. I like owls and often have them nesting around where I've lived. I tend to be lucky in finding barred owls when I've been out hiking (the only ones with black eyes) because they are out in the daytime a bit more than the others. I've also seen the great snowy owl. Long eared owls used to nest behind my house in NJ.

No comments: