Friday, July 20, 2007

Chit chat

Just some miscellaneous thoughts and activities :-)

I love fruit and had such a craving for a fresh variety that when I went shopping today I got cherries, peaches, bananas, dates, raisins and plums. A reminder to those who are trying to eat healthy and/or watch their weight to include a piece of fruit with every meal, and to eat the fruit first. For example, you could have three dates right before eating and have great flavor, fiber, nutrition and appetite control benefit.

I have stocked the water, tuna, and soup that's recommended in case of hurricane. Of course, it looks as though there are no hurricanes in sight! ;-)

I got to brag to a fellow shopper as we looked at the fishing gear about my stepfather, rest his soul, who used to practically attract the fish to himself. He'd catch like a dozen bass at one try!

I just learned a great solitaire game (I love playing cards and I collect them, and learned to play solitaire from my dad.. not the computer type but the real desk top type!) So I'm playing this new solitaire game over and over because I like it so much. I'm actually pretending to play with a friend who lives cross country, so I keep a pad of paper with the win/loss of each round of solitaire, and I alternate crediting each game to him and me. So far he's ahead with 1 win and 5 losses while I have 1 win and 6 losses!

Bought 2 baseball books: "The Teammates" by David Halberstam and "Pride and Pinstripes" by Mel Stottlemyre. I tend to be reading about a dozen books at a time. I've always been like that.

2 comments:

Micki said...

Thanks for stopping my and leaving a comment on my holy card blog.
:-)))
So, are you going to share how to play this wonderful solitare game?

MMajor Fan said...

Hey! Yes, I ought to at least say a little about it :)