Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Qur'an Reading

In previous posts I described how Moses requested that God let Moses see him in his full form, and how while God could not do that, for Moses would not survive, God allowed Moses to see him as he passed by in the mountain, shielding Moses from the full glory. Here is the beautiful recounting of this event from the Qur'an.

Surah 7:143-4

And when Musa [Moses] came at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said: My Lord! show me (Thyself), so that I may look upon Thee. He said: You cannot (bear) to see Me, but look at the mountain, if it remains firm in its place, then will you see Me; but when his Lord manifested His glory to the mountain He made it crumble and Musa fell down in a swoon; then when he recovered, he said: Glory be to Thee, I turn to Thee, and I am the first of the believers.

He said: O Musa! surely I have chosen you above the people with My messages and with My words, therefore take hold of what I give to you and be of the grateful ones.

2 comments:

Slave of Allah said...

thank you alot for this useful Post about the prophet Moses peace be upon him and upon jesus and upon Muhammad

MMajor Fan said...

I am so glad that you found this post useful. It is good for people to remember the wisdom of Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad.